We are running six-week Maine shrimp CSF subscriptions starting on February 6th, 7th, and 8th in seven locations around the state. Would you please help us spread the word?
CSF is the acronym for Community Supported Fishery. CSFs are modeled after the highly-successful Community-Supported Agriculture (CSA) concept. In both CSAs and CSFs, members pay for shares at the beginning of the season and pick up their shares at a specific time and place each week.
By buying a share of fresh Maine shrimp from the Midcoast Fishermen's Cooperative, you are supporting environmentally sustainable fishing methods and the traditional fishing community of Port Clyde. Most importantly, a share will provide you with a weekly opportunity to enjoy the pleasures of fresh, wild-caught shrimp! We think you will love Maine shrimp as much as we do--stop by our tables at the 2009 Maine CSA Fairs in either Orono or Belfast on February 8th for a free sample, served with cocktail sauce, of course!
Thank you for your time on this.
Marketing Cooperative Coordinator
Midcoast Fishermen's Cooperative
Port Clyde, Maine
cell (207) 356-9800
Want delicious, fresh shrimp this winter?
Sign up for a weekly share of wild-caught shrimp harvested by the Midcoast Fishermen’s Cooperative of Port Clyde, Maine!
Shrimp subscriptions will run for 6 weeks starting on February 6th , 7th and 8th
Half-share: 5 lbs per week; Full share: 10 lbs per week
Shares are of whole shrimp that can be shelled at home.
Full shares are $90, half-shares are $45
Subscribers need to choose one of the following pick up locations:
1) Unity: Pickup on Fridays anytime after 12pm at Crosstrax Catering, 215 Depot Street.
2) Central Maine (Bangor/Newport/Skowhegan/Waterville/Orono): Pickup on Friday afternoons from 1pm to 5pm at the Crown of Maine Distribution Facility located at 14 Grogin Ave, Newport ME 04953. Any shares that are not picked up by 5pm on Friday afternoon will be frozen for pickup on the following Friday between 1pm and 5pm.
3) St. George: Pickup on Saturdays at 8:30am at the Port Clyde Fresh Catch processing facility on Marshall Point road in Port Clyde, behind Herring Gut Learning Center.
4) Damariscotta: Pickup on Saturdays from 10:30am to 11am at Rising Tide Natural Foods Cooperative located at 15 Coastal Market Dr; Damariscotta, Maine.
5) Rockland: Pickup on Saturdays from 12:00pm to 12:30pm at the Good Tern Natural Foods Cooperative located at 750 Main Street; Rockland, Maine.
6) Rockland: Pickup on Sundays from 10:45am to 11:15am at the First Universalist Church in Rockland located at 345 Broadway; Rockland, Maine.
7) Belfast: Pickup on Sundays from 12:15pm to 12:45pm at the Belfast Food Cooperative located at 123 High Street; Belfast, Maine.
For further information about this winter’s CSF subscriptions, please contact:
Glen Libby at 372-8065 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment for your subscription can be made either by cash or check.
Checks should be made payable to the MFC, and may be sent directly to:
Midcoast Fishermen’s Cooperative
PO Box 223
Port Clyde, Maine 04855
Prorated subscriptions are available at anytime for any pickup location!
Visit our Websites